The map below shows the starting point of the Cycling routes within the Blackdown Hills.
To show further detail of each route, click on the marker.
The Blackdown Hils offers excellent on-road cycling on mainly quiet country lanes. The suggested routes above are suitable for reasonably fit and experienced cyclists. You will encounter some challenging hill climbs - worth it for the wonderfulviews and exhilarating downhill stretches.
Please take care and all reasonable precautions to safeguard your safety:
• Ensure that your bike is road worthy and in good working order. It is always worth carrying out some pre-ride checks
• Carry refreshments, a mobile phone or enough money for a phone call and a tool kit/puncture repair kit and pump
• Wear a suitable cycle helmet
• Wear bright or, preferably, fluorescent/reflective clothing, carry lights and waterproofs
• Always follow the Highway Code and ride considerately. Be aware of other road users including drivers, walkers and horse riders
• Take into account road and surface conditions. Look out for potholes and roadside drainage gullies and ride accordingly
• Take care especially when at junctions, turning right, going down steep hills, and never undertake HGVs